Monday, March 19, 2012

Back in America!

It has been about a week since we returned home from Peru. It seems that the world does not stop just because you leave the country. I returned to countless emails and a never ending to do list (which is why this blog post is a week late..)

Peru was amazing! I always say I need a vacation to recuperate from my vacation and when you look at all of the things we saw in that one week you can see why. Doing Business Internationally was a great way to interact with industry members from North Carolina and learn their perspective on global trade. It was also great to be able to see first hand the business that goes on in Peru. Textiles is global. There is no way around that so to be able to see specifically how textiles operates in South America is an opportunity I wouldn't trade for the world. I doubt that I will ever get another opportunity to interact in such a varied and hands on manner. Doing Business Internationally opened my eyes to South America and the growth potential there. I was also able to make excellent contacts! It was a great week with great people. We learned, we laughed and we ate some amazing food but most importantly, we did business and we were successful. 

I would highly recommend this experience to anyone that asks! 

Thank you to everyone involved for such a great trip!

Caitlyn

2 comments: